Photos from those lucky enough to see this fantastic eclipse from Asia to America.
Above: Hong Kong stargazers use telescopes to observe an annular solar eclipse along the Victoria Harbour in Hong Kong, Monday, May 21, 2012. Millions of Asians watched as a rare “ring of fire” eclipse crossed their skies early Monday. The annular solar eclipse, in which the moon passes in front of the sun leaving only a golden ring around its edges, was visible to wide areas across the continent Monday morning. (AP Photo/Vincent Yu)
(via The Courier Mail Picture Gallery)
- See more fantastic photos from the Brisbane Times Picture Gallery.
- The Courier Mail Picture Gallery also has great photos
- Readers share some photos of the eclipse at the Los Angeles Times
*The video below is an Al Jazeera news video, and mentions near the end of the video that there will be another eclipse in a months time when Venus crosses the sun.
*Other posts you may like from my blog:
- Perseid Meteor Shower (Timelapse Video)
- The Aurora (Timelapse Video)
- Globes of the World: How are they made? (Video)
- Earth’s Size Compared to Other Planets (Video)