The barracuda is well known for it’s size as well as it’s fearsome appearance. They can reach up to 1.8 m in length or just under 6 ft. and 30 cm in width or 11 inches, they are found in subtropical oceans worldwide.
Barracudas are voracious predators and rely on surprise and speed. They have been known to go as fast as 43 km/h or 27 mph. When they catch their prey they consume by tearing large chunks of flesh. Their teeth are very sharp and fang-like.
From You Tube:
While Filming a segment for our fishing show, Tails From The Outdoors Show, you must see this amazing footage of a 40 lb Barracuda jumping into our boat!
Florida Sport Fishing TV looks at one of Florida’s most impressive game fish the great barracuda in this conservation corner segment.
You may also like to have a look at these posts from my blog:
- 17th June 1597 Mary, Queen of Scots was Imprisoned
- Piranhas Attack: Brazil
- Barreleye: Spook Fish (Video)
- Is This the World’s Ugliest Fish? (Video)
- Fishy Foot Fetish: Let the fish clean your feet. (Video)
- Sea Serpent (Oarfish) Video